Invisalign® is a teeth straightening treatment that can restore a straight, beautiful smile without the discomfort of braces. It uses clear trays to gradually bring the teeth into alignment over time. The trays are nearly unnoticeable by others, which allows the patient to have a more aesthetically pleasing smile even during the treatment process. With Invisalign®, patients can receive cosmetic teeth straightening without compromising their appearance or dental hygiene.
Who Should Get Invisalign®?
If your teeth need straightening, you may be a candidate for Invisalign®. Invisalign® is an effective treatment for patients with malocclusion (abnormal tooth alignment) and can treat overcrowded teeth, gaps between teeth, and improper jaw alignment (overbite, underbite, cross bite, and open bite). This treatment is especially designed for patients who wish to avoid the appearance and discomfort of metal braces.
The Benefits of Invisalign®
Invisalign® offers many benefits, especially in comparison to braces. These include:
- Transparent trays for a better cosmetic appearance (no “metal-mouth”)
- No dietary restrictions (enjoy popcorn and caramel chews)
- Easy oral hygiene (simply remove trays to brush and floss)
- Removable for eating (no worries about broccoli getting stuck in your braces)
- Comfortable (smooth trays won’t cut your gums or the inside of your mouth)
- Quick treatment (just one to two years from start to finish)
- Convenient office visit scheduling (every six weeks or so to check on your treatment)
Your Invisalign® Treatment
The Invisalign® treatment process begins with taking a mold of your teeth. This mold becomes a starting point and is used to create customized Invisalign® trays. These trays are to be worn for 20 to 22 hours per day and should only be removed for eating, brushing, or flossing. The Invisalign® trays will gradually pull your teeth into alignment. Approximately once every two weeks, you will dispose of your old trays and start a new set of trays that will align your teeth even closer to your goal. The final results are usually reached within one to two years. Afterward, you may need to wear a retainer at night to keep your teeth in their newly straightened alignment.
Invisalign® can quickly straighten your teeth through a comfortable, cosmetically appealing treatment process. To book your consultation, call (610) 746-0488 today.